Friday, May 1, 2015

Ungifted Q4 Blog Post #6 - Summary & Connections

I've just finished my book "Ungifted" and I just have to say that this book is my favorite, and that's saying a lot from the books I've read. Donovan ended up getting a close finish, and was nervous because he wanted to be the one to drive Tin Man; but he believed that his friend could do it, and win for the gifted. Once the competition had ended, Donovan had given a very distinctive quote that kind of stuck with me and made me wonder. He said that, "It was that one part the ancestory.com couldn't explain. I was working to controlling it, but sooner or later it would show up again and get me into twice as much trouble. You don't have to be gifted to know that." The reason this quote stuck with me is because I didn't understand what he meant by "controlling it." So it took me awhile to really think about what the author had wrote, until it hit me. Donovan must was talking about controlling his habit to misbehave in school; and I thought this way because of only reason he was at that school. It was because he "ungifted" (hint the title). But this what I believe to be the explanation of the author quote.

In my story of Ungifted, a character named Noah reminds me about the book that our class had once read called holes. It was one of the main characters friends named Zero; Zero was calm quiet and would always get in trouble just like Noah.  However although similar, they are also are some differences. Noah was smart and kind, Zero was liar and thief.  But even a liar and a thief can be intelligent. Making bad choices does'nt limit ones ability to be intelligent.  Though  Noah and the character Zero from holes have some different traits, they share some similar characteristics. 

This was a book that I would  definetly reccomend to my peers and friends. It kept my interest from the beginning to the end. This is a book that just about any kid could relate to. A trouble teen who thinks he's slick however someone sees through this kid and realizes that he's not as bad as people or even he thinks he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment