Sunday, April 26, 2015

Ungifted Q4 Blog Post #5 - Summary and Character Analysis

Right now in my book "Ungifted" Donovan is currently facing the challenge of moving to a new school. The teachers are rough, the students there hardly know he exist, until he finds the robotics team. Donovan found the robotics team to be interesting due to the posters down the hall. Donovan builds his own robot and names it "Tin Man", and finally when he's done he's amazed at what he created.  The author even claimed, "I was pretty good at video games, but never had I felt more comfortable with a joystick in my hand than when I was driving with Tin Man." From this quote that shows to me that not only is Donovan astonished by what he has created, but that he is actually enjoying his new school.

To me I feel that Donovan is a unique character; he is brave, and very intelligent, yet he still acts incompetent and acts up in school.  I'm not completely sure why he does this, but I believe that he does it to get attention. You see Donovan isn't so good with making friends, so I'm guessing he wants attention so someone can notice him. For example when he pulled a prank that landed him in this school, I felt he did that to seek some attention from the people at school so he could possibly make some new friends. But the main reason I feel that Donovan is brave, and very intelligent is because of his ability to make new things from scratch, and have the courage to actually show his invention off. So to me this is why believe that Donovan is a very unique character to the story of "Ungifted".  

No comments:

Post a Comment