Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A Life of Harry S. Truman Q4 Blog Post #3 - Summary and Character Analysis

I've just completed my book "A Life of Harry S. Truman", and the I have to say that the author did a astonishing job towards the end of the book. At the end of the book the author mentions the time Truman left office, and talks about his biggest accomplishments throughout history.  I thought this was a very nice touch to the end of novel and was very heartwarming.  I noticed this because the author wrote the quote, "Only Truman ended wars and oversaw the peace in the world, with the United Nations to maintain the peace in the future." This proved to me how Truman really did make a difference in the world, and how his achievements really did alter history.

To me,  Harry S. Truman was a really positive and motivational person; he would always stand up for others, and always had the never give up of attitude. I believe this because the Biography stated that at first Truman couldn't afford to buy back his mother's farm, but he still wanted to help out as much as he possibly could so he could never forget to buy it back later. Eventually Truman bought back the Truman farm for Eight-thousand dollars and gave the property to his mother. This piece of evidence proves how Truman wasn't just a positive and motivational person, this again proved how Truman practice and maintain his never give up attitude.

I enjoyed reading this book and would recommend it to my peers. I was also inspired by "A Life of Harry S. Truman." He held many characteristics; strength, determination, generous, up-standing and powerful individual. I appreciate his courage the most and it taught me that it doesn't matter what odds are against you, as long as you have a goal and passion for something you can accomplish anything even if that means you don't succeed the first couple of times. Keep trying and you can do anything that you put your mind and heart to.

No comments:

Post a Comment